Newly released guidelines for the safe reopening of schools in the territory offer a glimpse of a radically altered school culture, one shaped by personal distance, frequent sanitation and curtailed social events.
The Virgin Islands Daily News is making our COVID-19 coverage free to all readers during this international crisis.
The number of confirmed COVID-19 infections in the territory continued to gain speed Wednesday with St. Croix, St. John and St. Thomas all setting single-day records for new infections, according to the V.I. Health Department.
A prisoner at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico, has tested positive for COVID-19 — the first case confirmed at the facility since the ongoing novel coronavirus pandemic began — and a tuberculosis outbreak was also reported Monday, according to documents filed in U.S…
- DOH tracking highest number of active COVID-19 cases since early May
- Prospect of more undetected cases worries Health
- Margaritaville Vacation Club to welcome visitors on Tuesday
- Bryan continues to push for plastic after letter from restaurant owners
- Hoteliers and restaurateurs appeal to Bryan administration over plasticware proposal
- Human Services to implement pandemic food assistance program
- EDA Bank makes $1.2 million available for PPP lending
- Bryan urges residents to continue social distancing as new COVID case confirmed
- VITEMA clarifies earthquake alert system
- V.I.-P.R. Friendship Committee donates madras face masks