Take a stroll along the self-guided Cinnamon Bay Nature Trail through the historic ruins of the Sugar Bay Plantation. The nature loop with a scenic view of the Caribbean Sea is located directly across from Cinnamon Bay Campground. The half-mile trail also includes a boardwalk for easy access. A more strenuous one-mile Cinnamon Bay Trail begins east of the ruins, meandering uphill through a shaded forest filled with several tall trees including mango, genip, guavaberry, kapok and mammee apple. A 0.38-mile detour off this trail leads to the ruins of a great house known as America Hill, ending at Centerline Road.
Get the news that matters most
- LOCAL SPORTS ROUNDUP: ‘Team Triathlon’ wins Island Hopper’s Race on St. Croix
- Island Hopper’s Race Results
- FirstBank services restored after 'cybersecurity incident'
- Police: 2 abused children suffered for days with infected burns
- Police commissioner addresses the territory’s 40th shooting death, questions about leadership
- Love City Car Show donates to Boys & Girls Club
- UVI graduate publishes "Folk Tales of the Caribbean series
- Woman charged in fatal crash had previous DUI conviction