The United Way of the U.S. Virgin Islands will host a Jewels & Gems Masquerade Gala Saturday at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, from 7 p.m. to midnight. The fundraiser supports the Community First Initiative to establish multipurpose community centers throughout the territory. The centers will serve as hubs where community members can come together and exemplify how to “Live United.” The goal is to provide enrichment spaces for early childhood programs, after-school care, extracurricular activities, senior assistance programs, adult education training and meeting rooms to assist other community groups. The centers will also serve as a food bank with the ability to distribute hot meals in times of need. The event includes a ballroom dinner, silent auction and dancing. Live entertainment will include award winning artist Cruz Rock. Formal attire is requested. Tickets are $125 and can be purchased at www.unitedwayusvi.org. Call 340-774-3185 for more information.
- New schools at least 5 years off as FEMA, Education work on ‘industry standards’
- A bad night for the USVI
- Medical marijuana legislation months behind schedule
- LOCAL SPORTS ROUNDUP: Krygsveld wins Opti title at 2020 Crucial Open Regatta
- Barnes wants trial moved to St. Croix
- Amnesty week aimed at exotic pet owners in V.I.
- Water line break leads to early school dismissals
- Kobe Bryant’s widow sues helicopter operator for deaths
- Wendy Holder
- Albelto Leonard Smith Sr.
- V.I. delegate, other high-ranking V.I. officials tied to registered sex offender
- Helena Claudina Adams
- St. Clair Ashton Woolward
- Attorney in legal battle with V.I. over $1.3M payment
- Customs finds 200 pounds of cocaine hidden in trailer
- Dr. Eddie Donoghue
- Valerie Idetha Tyson-Clarke
- Five from St. Croix arraigned on federal drug trafficking and firearms charges