One of America’s favorite operas returns to the Met for the first time in nearly 30 years. Join the Forum for a screening of Gershwin’s “Porgy and Bess” Thursday at 7 p.m. at the Antilles School’s Prior-Jolleck Hall. David Robertson conducts a dynamic cast, featuring the duo of Eric Owens and Angel Blue in the title roles and an all-star ensemble that includes Golda Schultz, Latonia Moore, Denyce Graves, Frederick Ballentine, Alfred Walker, and Ryan Speedo Green. Tickets are $20 on instantseats.com.
- New schools at least 5 years off as FEMA, Education work on ‘industry standards’
- A bad night for the USVI
- Medical marijuana legislation months behind schedule
- LOCAL SPORTS ROUNDUP: Krygsveld wins Opti title at 2020 Crucial Open Regatta
- Barnes wants trial moved to St. Croix
- Amnesty week aimed at exotic pet owners in V.I.
- Water line break leads to early school dismissals
- Kobe Bryant’s widow sues helicopter operator for deaths
- Wendy Holder
- Albelto Leonard Smith Sr.
- V.I. delegate, other high-ranking V.I. officials tied to registered sex offender
- Helena Claudina Adams
- St. Clair Ashton Woolward
- Attorney in legal battle with V.I. over $1.3M payment
- Customs finds 200 pounds of cocaine hidden in trailer
- Dr. Eddie Donoghue
- Valerie Idetha Tyson-Clarke
- Arona C. Donovan