The Virgin Islands National Park continues its 29th annual Folklife Festival today from 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. The festival will be held in the National Park’s baseball field and the area adjacent to the Cruz Bay Visitors Center. The event is free to attend, and all ages are welcome. It is the largest cultural event in the park, which showcases the culture and traditions of the Virgin Islands. This year’s theme is “We Sharing Plenty for Folklife Festival 2020.” The program will include activity stations with cultural demonstrators, music, drumming, dancing, mocko jumbies and storytelling. Bring your friends and family to learn about the deep roots of cultural heritage. There will also be music, food and a celebration of the crafts and culture of local artisans. This is a free event for everyone to enjoy. For more information contact 340-779-4940.
- Central’s grads value ‘resiliency’ in historic event
- Should another constitutional convention be called? Referendum vote on the issue on November ballots
- ‘Bored’ seismologists find a new hobby: Tracking silence
- Former IRB Director Willis among inmates up for parole
- Cuban doctors fight COVID-19 abroad, but on the island health care cuts worry experts
- Paul E. Joseph Stadium completion pushed to next summer