The St. John Festival Royalty Pageant takes place June 22 at 6 p.m. at the Virgin Islands National Park ball field. Following are profiles of the contestants.
• Appointed Prince Lemuel Liburd III is a third-grader at the Julius E. Sprauve School. His parents are Sherika Turnbull and Lemuel Liburd II.
• Appointed Princess Elizabeth Farrell is a third-grader at the Gifft Hill School. Her parents are Luciah Polius and Tommy Farrell.
• St. John Festival Junior Miss contestant No. 1 Je’Nique Sylvester is a resident of Estate Adrian, St. John, and a freshman at Ivanna Eudora Kean High School. Her parents are Chrystal Turnbull and Vandell Thomas.
• St. John Festival Junior Miss contestant No. 2 Tamyra Bartlette is an eighth-grader at Julius E. Sprauve School, where she is an honors student. Her parents are Watisha Jules-Bartlette and Travis Bartlette.
• St. John Festival Queen contestant No. 1 Zakiyah Gregoire is an upcoming junior at Johnson & Wales University where she studies criminal justice with the goal of becoming a defense attorney. Her parents are Jodelcia Joseph and Steve Gregoire.
• St. John Festival Queen contestant No. 2 Lenisha Richards is a 2019 Ivanna Eudora Kean High School graduate who has been accepted into the University of the Virgin Islands. Her parents are Levell January and Cory Richards.