Lutheran Social Services of the Virgin Islands raised $22,000 at its 18th annual Kayak for Kids event on June 11, thanks to area sponsors, paddlers and volunteers. Kayakers and stand-up paddle boarders navigated from Cane Bay Beach to Fort Frederik Beach on St. Croix. The money they raised will help support the Queen Louise Home for Children. Special thanks goes to JT Torres and Luther Edwards, for extending their love to the children in our care, the organization said in a news release. Every year, the Lutheran Social Services team works 8,980 shifts to provide care to its residents 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Visit www.lssvi.org to learn more.
- USVI struggles in opening-day AmeriCup loss to Colombia
- LOCAL SPORTS ROUNDUP: Smith sets two records at V.I. Championships
- Driver in fatal hit-and-run said he was scared to pull over
- St. John briefs
- All Saint Cathedral School graduates the 'Perfect 10'
- Linda Anita Akins
- Police Commissioner Trevor Velinor announces retirement
- Family, horseracing community remembers Jose Felix